Olympus Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Applying for Assitant

3 posters

Go down

Applying for Assitant Empty Applying for Assitant

Post  karatebeck423 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 am

I have been a resident of this town for a while (almost since the new world). I would say I have been a trustworthy resident i help newbies and I am courtes when people ask to use the mob grinder I have made lots of friends in this town Rrud, rocket432, Vootlooska, YMBFP, Poweredbyawsemome and many more. I have been involved in the town i have done a few town projects but most of all i help out redidents for example if someone asks if they can use the mob grinder i will usally say yes on the spot, if someone asks if i can help build their house ill say sure. I have also risked my life many times at war with killing krantman at least 5 times during the war. I think i would be a great assitant ecause i would give me many more ways i could help residents. i hope you will consider my request.

Karatebeck423

karatebeck423

Back to top Go down

Applying for Assitant Empty Re: Applying for Assitant

Post  karatebeck423 Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Oh and i forgot i will admit to seting home in the mob grinder once before i knew i wasnt allowd.
but other wise i have been a great resident

karatebeck423

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonwaz Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:11 am

I am considering... hmm I felt I should reply to you because you seem like a good and loyal town member. I want everyone to know that when I decide who I make an assistant or not I look for certain things.

Loyalty to the town
Can Solve disputes between town members
and Someone who either knows what I would do in a situation, already acts like me in a situation, or has the sense to wait for me to make the decision on the situation

You are partly loyal meaning I don't think you would intentionally ruin Olympus, but I don't know if you could handle the position of town assistant. Underup was removed from the assistants because him or not his character kicked someone from town for personal reasons without consulting me and sold plots belonging to town members without consulting me. Neither of these things I wanted done. if an assistant uses their position to pull the town in their control like that then I can't trust them to be an assistant.

Kicking a inactive member from town is permanent until they come back which may be never, but I will not have these people taking an indefinite break from minecraft or this server come back to find everything they built taken from them. there are a few who have asked me to kick members of town and give their plots to them. I consider these people dangerous to be given the rank of assistant.

Whew just wrote that and looked back got a little serious there. Smile The fact is I don't know what would come of making you an assistant though you are more trustworthy than some . I try not to tell people the exact reason I don't want them as an assistant cause I don't want to hurt their feelings and have them leave town even if I might not like them. (<---I'm not talking about you here)

Okay but this one time I'll say it so don't get offended try to work with me here.

1) I don't see you much and when I do you seem kind of noobish (not holy cow this guy just got on minecraft for the first time but more this guy might not know what to do here or there as an assistant) ((<--this applies to everyone who made an app and isn't an assistant... except underup)

2) If made an assistant I have a feeling things will happen in town that I will not approve of (like kicking of members, withdrawal of money, plots made in places I don't want them, members leaving, things being stolen from members)

3) You will act like a mini mayor and treat others like they are under you (doesn't really apply to you but this something I like to avoid)

4) claiming too many plots (I like to keep the bank at a certain level especially if I have a project coming up we don't have tax so I try to keep my spending to the minimum and rely on donations or I might have plans for the area you just decided to make into new plots)

5) Adding too many members to town, or the wrong members. ( the Graveyard I made has a short list of players I don't want in my town but there are more such as certain members of nova, minecraftb0ss, kowscanfly. the list goes on. you have to consider if who is being added will be a threat to the town or a nuisance.)

okay I posted all of these to let everyone on here how I feel about town assistants and what it takes to be one. I get paranoid about certain things cause I don't want to log in and find our town destroyed or in chaos. (I seriously wake up and get right on minecraft cause I just dreamt something was wrong)
Dragonwaz
Dragonwaz
Admin

https://olympuscraft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonwaz Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:12 am

Embarassed wow that was longer than I thought
Dragonwaz
Dragonwaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Applying for Assitant Empty Oh

Post  Propellorman Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:54 pm

Lol
Propellorman
Propellorman

Back to top Go down

Post  karatebeck423 Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:11 pm

I toatlly understand dragonwaz
but when i first looked at the reply I was seriously considering to minimise the page and forget about reading it Ha.

karatebeck423

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonwaz Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:38 pm

yeah it's not that you can never be an assistant you just need to learn the limits of being an assistant because I don't trust that you know them right now.
Dragonwaz
Dragonwaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karatebeck423 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:22 am

So you mean the limits of where you make plots and not doing anything you wouldnt do???

karatebeck423

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonwaz Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Basically yes there are places I want to save expansion for later some plots were made near underworld which will stunt it's growth if I ever get around to it and I want to keep certain areas pretty and natural for later.

the main thing is I don't want to come on and hear that someone I didn't want kicked from town was kicked for bad reasons or for someone handling the situation wrong

or hear that something in general happened that had I been there it wouldn't have.
Dragonwaz
Dragonwaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karatebeck423 Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Would it be better for an assistant to wait and ask you?? or do you teach them what you expect

karatebeck423

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonwaz Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Both sort of I expect them to know what I would decide usually. If they are unsure they wait and ask when I get on or ask crystal who can text me :/ lol
Dragonwaz
Dragonwaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karatebeck423 Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Would it be possible to job shadow you or an assistant to learn what it takes???

karatebeck423

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonwaz Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm testing that sort of idea out on dane since he's been here longer than you if it works then I was planning on testing you next. But first I need to help a friend soon with their town so just remember don't freak out I will still be the mayor weeks from now lol
Dragonwaz
Dragonwaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karatebeck423 Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:06 pm

ok tell me when there is an update

karatebeck423

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content